Pink and brown

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Neighbors

Everybody has them. You cannot get away from them. Most, you become friends with, have barbeques with, and raise your children around... On the other hand, you have those that you just cannot come to live with. My neighbors take the cake. They have four boys. The oldest three are members of a very notorious gang. Last year, they had a drive by shooting. Leaving them with 14 rounds in their house. The dad was becides himself. The Mommy was laughing.

Yes, I said laughing.

Last night, when we were getting ready for bed, our doorbell rings. Mind you, this is almost ten o'clock at night. I go downstairs and answer the door. It is a man with a warrent, asking me if I had seen this person(my neighbors kid). Thank heavens, he hasn't been around much since the shooting.

Too bad that I thought bounty hunters were only in big cities. Because, I never thought that I would have to face one. I am glad that he wasn't here for anybody in my family.


So needless to say, I do not like my neighbors.

Tell me about the neighbors you have issues with. Maybe, I will have a chuckle or two with you.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I don't really have neighbors. The closest people are a ways away. I'm not talking miles just about a 1/4 of a mile. Anyway it is good but it is lonely sometimes.

Our closest neighbor is bipolar and sometimes he does weird things like throw all his furniture off cliffs. He asked us if we wanted to help one time.

Monkey Fingers and Toes said...

Can I help him? That is at least kinda quirky. Sometimes I wish my neighbors lived at least a few miles away.

Bilary said...

Holy crap! I have this one neighbor down the street with three kids - girls, and they are all such TROUBLE MAKERS - the WHOLE FAMILY. Oh, wait, that would be your sister's family. I better stop now or I will get myself in trouble. Just kidding...I love your sister and her family and I think you both know that!:)

I really don't have terrible neighbors. They all have their quirks, but they all probably think all I do is pop out these dang kids that are noisy all the time. Oh, wait, that is pretty much all I do.:)

Seriously though, I do have a neighbor behind me that drives me crazy. She is a snot. She sits on my lawn with her dumb snotty little girl and glares at me while her stinkin' kid plays on our swingset and eats our food. Then she waits for another neighbor (a married man) to come home so she can follow him around like a lost puppy dog. I wonder what her husband thinks of all this? She is just werid. But that is usually as bad as it gets.

Bilary said...

P.S. As if my comment wsn't long enough...We have some homes for sale over here, and we would love a nice neighbor like you! Plus, we don't want you to get shot! I cannot believe that! Terrible!

Blackeyedsue said...

Well, I have this neighbor down the street who pops out babies like noones business. And they are noisy ALL THE TIME. ROFL!

Seriously, we joke around that our next door neighbors are vampires because we never see them. EVER. Really, they both work full time and their only son is going to school and working full time.

We do have our neighbors behind us who currently owe us $700. They say they can't afford to pay it but they sure can afford to put a fence in the front of their house, buy a purebreed puppy, but in a brand new ac unit and buy a top of the line patio set and bbq.

And they throw keggers every month. We don't love them.

I am SO done complaining though. I live next to angels compared to your mobster neighbors.

Alice said...

Holy crap! That is scary. Hopefully the bounty hunter finds him and the rest of his family moves.

I have my crazy landlord that lives upstairs. She is a little loopy, may be growing a few things in her green house that you can roll into a joint and smoke, and she does have three yappy dogs. But most of the time she is harmless.

The Rookie said...

Lovely! You've just gotta love that quaint quality of O-Town. :)

Don't let Alice fool you about the landlady upstairs. I think she is setting up a gypsy cart in the back yard. I seriously need to take some shots of all her odd lawn ornaments and "dangly items". Tack-Y!