Pink and brown

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Time

Time. It is the one thing we never have enough of. Time is the one thing that is endless. Time always runs out when you need more of it. Time is the one thing I don't have.

Last Wednesday, I went in for surgery, again. Five times in fourteen months. One C-section. One attempted hernia repair. One Hernia repair. One Tonsillectomy. And finally a Major abdominal repair, and muscle repair, and slight tummy tuck. Ouch.

I thought that I had time to do my job and get every aspect of the house clean. I wasn't planning on having surgery until the middle of July. Not the 18Th of June.

I didn't get the dishes done, the laundry done, or the carpets scrubbed. You see, I was too busy playing with my one year old. I didn' t know when the next time I would see her would be. I don't know when the next time I will get down on the floor and play with her. I was too busy being a mom.

Since I have been home, I came home Tuesday night (I despise rush hour traffic!) I have gotten many hugs and kisses from Emily. My Husband has cleaned the dishes, finished some laundry. and pulled the weeds.

Time- thank heavens we will always have more.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I hope that your recovery goes well. I hope that it is speedy so you can once again play with that cute cute little girl. Good luck.

Kylee said...

Seriously, if you need anything, I'm willing to help! I hope you feel better soon.

melissabastow said...

I was blog hopping and came upon your cute blog. And I wanted to say that I'm TOTALLY doing what you just did. Except that I'm right in between the unsuccessful hernia repair and any succuessful stuff. I just had my 4th c-section in May (and my oldest turned 5 a couple months later.) My insides are totally mangled. I'm sure you know what I mean. So you have to now tell me your WHOLE story - because I want to know what you went through and how it all happened and turned out and all that stuff - - oh and if you had to drink Barium (paint.) Because I really want someone to predict my future and tell me that I will eventually feel "normal-ish" again and look "normal-ish" again- which hasn't happened since I got pregnant with my first. So if you have time, I'm serious about wanting to hear your WHOLE story: melissabastow@hotmail.com

THANKS!!!!!!

p.s. Your daughter is a cutey.