Pink and brown

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Last week, my hubby came home from work sick.
Nothing wrong with that.
He went upstairs, came down in Jammie's,
and when I told him to stay away from me,
he pouted.
I have very little sympathy trying to keep my house together, recovering from 3 major surgeries this past 10 months, with a fourth coming up
Then not feeling like I had sympathized with him enough, he crawled up the stairs.
(During this time, I was trying to wait on him.)
I had very little patience with this.
A few days later, my sisters, my mom and I, went to see a movie. Yeah! The first free time I have had in months.
I came home, and hubby, not wanting to go unnoticed, said "I am really sick".
I said "Really, whats wrong?"
H: "I have a really high temperature."
M: "How do you know?"
H: "I took my temperature."
M: " With what?" not thinking he would use an infant thermometer.
H: " Monkey's thermometer."
M: "OH, how high was it?"
H: said seriously " 97 degrees!"
M: as I am trying not to laugh, because he is so serious
"Dear, your regular temperature should be 98.6. "
H: " Well I am hotter now, really I am burning up"
Husbands.
Another thing this week, is loading the dishwasher.
When H loads the Dishwasher, he either fills it to the brim,
not turning it on, or he fills it with a few items, and turns it on.
Shouldn't it be the other way around?

5 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Bwahahahaha!!!! 97 degrees!!! THAT IS BLOG GOLD MY SISTA'!!!

Heidi said...

I swear sometimes men don't know how easy they have it. I work all day and come home and work all night. I am glad you got to go to the movies with your family. I miss being able to do things like that with my mom and sister.

The Rookie said...

Was that a rectal thermometer? Because if it was, it just makes the story all that much more funny.

Alice said...

97 degrees huh? Oh he will never live that down. hehehehe

Bilary said...

I love it! That sounds just like a man. I love it when they just try to find something to whine about, and find out they are just fine. You should have taken your temperature and you probably would have been warmer than he was. Then YOU could climb in bed and make him wait on you!

He doesn't need to know that 98.6 is normal. You should just one-up him next time with a "fever" of 98 degrees. He will surely forget what a normal temperature is. Use this to your advantage, girl!