Pink and brown

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Story Time

I don't remember the last movie I saw. Maybe it was Chuck and Larry.
I don't know. This past week was wonderful, I had a little bit of spare time.
That doesn't happen often these days.
Monkey keeps us running after her. She loves the toilet,
or figuring out how to make the water running from the spout,
into a falling shower.
I love to read, and it has been a long, long time since I have had time.
I love mysteries, fiction, and historical novels.
I had time to read three books.
Yes, three.
The first one came out in movie format on Friday,
I haven't had a chance to go
watch it, yet. I think I will have to find some time.
The Other Bolyn Girl, was wonderful.
I love history even if some of the people were fictional.
I am so grateful that we live in a time when we are allowed to chose
whom we will love and spend our lives with.
I am grateful, that we do not have to spend our lives in fear.
I am even grateful to those women in history that changed the rules,
and challenged the mind set of people.
Reading this book, I was so in love with the author, Phillipia Gregory,
that I just had to go buy all the books of hers that I could find.
I finished The Other Bolyn Girl, in three days.
The Bolyn Inheritance, took just two.
The Queens Fool, took three.
But sadly, The Virgins lover, I have been reading for five,
and have not made it through much.
I am busy. Not more than other people.
Just I love my little family, and spending time with them.
But if you do want some light reading, four to six hundred pages
a book, I would suggest these.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

hey, I will totally go see that movie with you and maybe I could borrow those books. They sound good!

Blackeyedsue said...

I have the Boleyn Inheritance. I SO need to borrow your copy of The Other Boleyn Girl. The one I read was such a good read.

It is sad we kind of lose ourselves when we become mommies. We should have a sisters book club. We could all use it.

And I would LOVE to see the movie with you and Indian.

The Rookie said...

Making up for lost time, I see! I love reading as well, but it seems that these days I only have time to read student papers, what I'm reading with students...and blogs! :)