Pink and brown

Friday, April 18, 2008

Projects at work

Have you ever really worked hard on a project? I have worked the last two months on a promotion for work. I am in charge of newspaper carriers. I have 90 routes that I am over. Maybe 80 different carriers. These people usually make my job difficult or really easy. Most of the time, they make my job relativaly easy.

So I was planning an activity to reward their good work. I invited another managers area to participate with mine. I rented a popcorn machine, got popcorn, salt and oil. I bought a movie. I went to Best Buy, Mega Plex and bought about $150.00 in gift certificates. From the website that the newspaper sells things off of, I got Speed Street racing tickets, Nature Center Tickets, Dinosaur Park tickets, Treehouse Museum, and Chick-fil-a gift certificates. I spent a lot of time doing fliers, talking with carriers, etc.

So my promotion was tonight. It was a good learning experience.

Two carriers showed up. Neither of which, were my carriers. I spent so much time on this project, it really discourages me from doing another one. Unfortunately, I have a lot of other ideas in my head for other promotions.

Thank you to the 2 carriers and your families for coming and enjoying NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM. (That was the movie we watched.) But 2 families were better than nobody showing up.

I found out that North Ogden Jr. was putting on a play, so that took out over half of my district. So maybe next time, they will come. If I do another promo, they will come. HAHAHA.

;)

6 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Oh Sister! I am so sorry! I had no idea you were doing this! Why didn't you tell me? You need to dish more hon.

You are a good manager. You have such a fun personality that is so endearing and kind. I love having you as a sister. That was so thoughtful and so kind for you to do that for your employees.

That really sucks. I hate it when I have a party or something and one person comes. Even if they have something else important going on, it still hurts my feelings. It is SO hard not to take it personally.

For what it's worth, I would have come. I kind of like you. You happen to be one of my favorite people. Those dummies don't know what they were missing.

(((((HUGS))))

Heidi said...

Sorry to hear that your promotion didn't go very well. Good luck to you in your future promotion plans.

Kylee said...

That's lame! Sometimes carriers make our lives more difficult, that's for sure. I think you should try again. I'm sure you have some prizes left over. Good luck!

Alice said...

How lame. I am sorry you didn't end up with much support. I think it sounds great! I say don't give up yet. maybe try again?

For what it's worth- I would have come. :)

The Rookie said...

You sound like a fantastic boss. I wanna work for you! And I'd totally come to a shin dig like that. Are you kidding...prizes...pshaw! SO there.

Bilary said...

That sucks! I hate that when you put so much effort into something and no one comes. You should get reimbursed for all of your time, energy, and money you spent on the thing. Come to think of it, you are such a thoughtful boss that I think you should just run the WHOLE DANG PAPER! I would come work for yoU!:)

You are awesome to make such an effort. As hard as it is, just don't let it get you down. You're wonderful!